Friday, April 1, 2016

Mr.Teddy (part 4)

 “Willa! What is it? What’s wrong?” demanded her mother.
            “Mom! Come up to my room!” she sobbed. “Everything i own! All my dolls, my animals. Gina wrecked it all!” she cried furiously.
            “Huh?” Mrs. Stewart’s face twisted surprise. “Gina?”
            “Yes! Gina!” Willa declared. “She broke into my room last night, Mom. She wrecked everything! Everything!”
            “But that’s impossible!” Willa’s mother cried. “Gina wasn’t home last night, Willa. Don’t you remember? She had a sleep over at Maggies’s house.”
            Willa pressed her hands against her face. The room began to spin wildly.
            That’s right, she remembered. Gina wasn’t home last night.
            “Nooooo!” She backed out of the kitchen, hands against her cheeks, shaking her head.
            She didn’t want to believe it. It couldn’t be. But there was no other explanation.
            She ran blindly up the stairs. She grabbed Mr. Teddy off the floor. His eyes glowed up at her as Willa frantically ripped him to pieces.
            “It was you, after all, wasn’t it?” she cried, tearing off his arms, pulling out his white stuffing, letting it fly over the room. “It was you! You! You!”
            With a cry of fury, Willa tore off Mr. Teddy’s Head. “I hate you!” she shrieked. She tossed the head out the open window. “Evil thing! Now you’re gone! You can do no more evil!”
            Gasping for breath, her heart thudding, Willa stumbled across the room and pulled raggedy Old Bear off the shelf. She hugged him tightly. 
“You’re all I’ve go left, Old Bear. Everything else was destroyed by that evil thing.”           


        She clutched Old Bear gratefully. “From now on it’s just you and me.”
        Willa didn’t see the pleased smile from an Old Bear’s mouth. She didn’t see his eyes begin to twinkle merrily.
        Next time, Old Bear thought to himself, maybe you won’t be so quick to get rid of me, Willa. Maybe you’ve learned your lesson. You can’t put me away on a shelf. Now me. I’m your bear. And I’m going to be with you for the rest of your life.

-admin FF
source: Goosebumps Novel

No comments:

Post a Comment